Stratosphere Futon Mattress by Otis Bed
Futon Frame Cushioning System
Total Comfort. Exceptional Value.
Customers rate this futon as the best-valued
- Product Type: Mattresses
- Manufacturer: Otis Bed
- MPN: STO
- Warranty: 10 Years
- Thickness: 6 Inch
- Mattress Construction: Foam, Fiber
- Size: Eastern King, Full, Queen, Twin
- Batting: Medium
- Mattress Type: Futon Mattress
- Origin: USA
The Stratosphere futon mattress delivers exceptional value and comfort due to its medium soft, light weight construction. The Stratosphere is a compact 6" futon mattress offering you the look and feel of an expensive high-end cushion. The secret is a high foam-to-polyester ratio. This futon mattress is perfect for anyone who needs a lightweight low-profile futon desgined for ease of conversion. It's been said that the Stratosphere futon mattress feels like an 8" mattress thanks to its pillowy soft foam fill, making for the most in a comfortable and relaxing experience.
The supportive yet soft Stratosphere futon mattress retains all of the benefits of our other luxury grade mattresses and also is the perfect selection for limited space areas the call for something less bulky. Staying within a tight budge, but still offering comfort excellence, the Stratosphere futon mattress comes highly reated and allows you to enjoy a luxurious night's sleep without the heavy price tag. Order your Stratosphere futon mattress today and enjoy free shipping!
- For use on Bi-Fold Frame or Platform Bed. No need to specify. They are constructed the same.
- 6" thickness (10" of overstuffed goods compressed to fit inside a 6" border).
- 7" blend of convoluted and flat 2 pound high density foam.
- Offers Medium-Soft comfort level.
- Layers of Flame Retardant Rayon insures compliance with Federal Flammability Standard 16 CFR Part 1633.
- 100% polyester fabric (cream color) that breaths, stays cool and comfortable, and repels moisture.
- Machine tufting reduces the thickness of the mattress to lock in its good look and feel.
- Tape edge process insures a proper fit and finish of the mattress cover.
- Flip-able design. Feels the same on both sides.
- A pair of Otis Bed Grip Strips are necessary when used on a Bi-fold frame.
- Compression packaged in a FedEx-able carton.
- Durability: 10 Years, designed for everyday use.
- 10 Year Limited Warranty against manufacturers defects.
- Custom sizes are available
Futon Grip Strips are highly recommend
Key Value Messages from Otis Futons
Comfortable - to be as comfy, if not more so than traditional upholstered sofas when being used as a couch. Also, to be flexible and conformable so as not to cause painful, unhealthy pressure points *(which affect circulation to joints and surrounding tissue) for the occasional or every night sleeper. "As a supplier of pressure management therapy mattresses to the health care industry, we feel uniquely qualified to present mattress constructions with these claims."
Durable - While nothing lasts forever, this futon mattress is engineered to keep its shape and resist change in firmness on the edge and other critical sitting and sleeping areas better than any cotton based futon mattress construction.
More resilient top quality cushioning materials.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW WHEN TALKING ABOUT THICKNESS..
Thickness can be a relative term in the mattress industry! Normally, when someone says this mattress is 8"...it is 8"thick, or if they say it's 10"…you expect to see a ten-inch mattress, not some rounded mattress that is guessed to be about 10" thick basically for marketing purposes only! The only true way to decipher the actual thickness of the mattress is to have a measurable border material (or a boxed edge, like a traditional mattress does). All of our futon mattresses are bench built and are made with a boxed corner and are tape-edged. The bonus is that the "thickness" of the futon is easily deciphered, and it leaves the mattress with a clean tailored look for many years. More important than the quoted thickness of the mattress, is the quality of the inside ingredients of the mattress.
Why More Foam Than Cotton Is Critical
Simply put, foam is able to retain its shape and feel when repeatedly compressed while cotton fibre does not. Foam is a flexible solid that will come back to its original shape after being compressed time after time. Cotton batting is not a unified whole, but an arrangement of individual fibers. Once the fibers are compressed together there is nothing to bring them back to their original, separate locations when the weight is removed. This fact results in cotton batting becoming thinner and harder wherever it is being compressed on a regular basis.
We trust the materials that go into each of our mattresses. so much so, that each mattress is compressed and packaged in a box 1/4th its size. Our mattresses are filled with comfortable materials that retain their shape for years. The way we package it proves it.
"This futon mattress is UPS-able; finally, shipping is made easy!”
- Twin (39" x 75")
- Full (54" x 75")
- Queen (60" x 80")
- King (78" x 80")