Mercury Futon Mattress by Otis Bed
- Product Type: Mattresses
- Manufacturer: Otis Bed
- MPN: MRC
- Warranty: 10 Years
- Thickness: 7 Inch
- Mattress Construction: Foam
- Size: Chair, Eastern King, Full, Love Ottoman, Loveseat, Ottoman, Queen, Queen Ottoman, Queen Split, Twin, Twin Ottoman, Twin Split
- Batting: Medium
- Mattress Type: Futon Mattress
- Origin: USA
The Mercury futon mattress blends three layers of convoluted foam with two thick out layers of polyester to create a "just-right" level of support. While the Mercury futon mattress is soft and cushion-like when used as a sofa, you will be pleased to find an ample level of support when laid flat as a bed. This is due to the specialized high-density foams that the Mercury futon mattress blends together to disperse your weight evenly across the futon mattress when you lie back for a full night's rest.
The Mercury futon mattress, with its convoluted foam, offers luxurious support. Its contents ensure it is soft when sat on, yet firm when laid on, making the Mercury futon mattress a great pick when your futon will share an equal usage of sitting and sleeping. The end result is a happy medium that helps you maintain a natural sleeping posture, that is gently supportive. Order your Mercury futon mattress today and enjoy free shipping!
- For use with Bi-Fold Frame or Platform Bed. No need to specify use. They are constructed the same.
- 7" thickness (11-1/2" of overstuffed goods compressed to fit inside a 7" border, but still requires an 8" overcover).
- 8-1/2" blend of high quality convoluted and flat 2 pound and 2-1/2 pound foam.
- Layers of Flame Retardant Rayon insures compliance with Federal Flammability Standard 16 CFR Part 1633.
- 100% polyester fabric (cream color) that breaths, stays cool and comfortable, and repels moisture.
- Machine tufting reduces the thickness of the mattress to lock in its good look and feel.
- Tape edge process insures a proper fit and finish of the mattress cover.
- Flip-able design. Feels the same on both sides.
- A pair of Otis Bed Grip Strips are highly recommended when used on a Bi-fold frame.
- Compression packaged in a FedEx-able carton.
- Durability: 10-12+ Years, designed for everyday use.
- 10 Year Limited Warranty against manufacturers defects.
- Custom sizes are available.
Futon Grip Strips are highly recommend.
Key Value Messages from Otis Futons
Comfortable - to be as comfy, if not more so than traditional upholstered sofas when being used as a couch. Also, to be flexible and conformable so as not to cause painful, unhealthy pressure points *(which affect circulation to joints and surrounding tissue) for the occasional or every night sleeper. "As a supplier of pressure management therapy mattresses to the health care industry, we feel uniquely qualified to present mattress constructions with these claims."
Durable - While nothing lasts forever, this futon mattress is engineered to keep its shape and resist change in firmness on the edge and other critical sitting and sleeping areas better than any cotton based futon mattress construction.
More resilient top quality cushioning materials.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW WHEN TALKING ABOUT THICKNESS..
Thickness can be a relative term in the mattress industry! Normally, when someone says this mattress is 8"...it is 8"thick, or if they say it's 10"…you expect to see a ten-inch mattress, not some rounded mattress that is guessed to be about 10" thick basically for marketing purposes only! The only true way to decipher the actual thickness of the mattress is to have a measurable border material (or a boxed edge, like a traditional mattress does). All of our futon mattresses are bench built and are made with a boxed corner and are tape-edged. The bonus is that the "thickness" of the futon is easily deciphered, and it leaves the mattress with a clean tailored look for many years. More important than the quoted thickness of the mattress, is the quality of the inside ingredients of the mattress.
Why More Foam Than Cotton Is Critical
Simply put, foam is able to retain its shape and feel when repeatedly compressed while cotton fibre does not. Foam is a flexible solid that will come back to its original shape after being compressed time after time. Cotton batting is not a unified whole, but an arrangement of individual fibers. Once the fibers are compressed together there is nothing to bring them back to their original, separate locations when the weight is removed. This fact results in cotton batting becoming thinner and harder wherever it is being compressed on a regular basis.
We trust the materials that go into each of our mattresses. so much so, that each mattress is compressed and packaged in a box 1/4th its size. Our mattresses are filled with comfortable materials that retain their shape for years. The way we package it proves it.
"This futon mattress is UPS-able; finally, shipping is made easy!”
- Twin (39" x 75")
- Full (54" x 75")
- Queen (60" x 80")
- King (78" x 80")