Galaxy Futon Mattress by Otis Bed
- Product Type: Mattresses
- Manufacturer: Otis Bed
- MPN: 502
- Warranty: 10 Years
- Thickness: 8 Inch
- Mattress Construction: Foam, Innersprings, Fiber
- Size: Chair, Eastern King, Full, Love Ottoman, Loveseat, Ottoman, Queen, Twin, Twin Ottoman, Twin Split
- Batting: Firm
- Mattress Type: Futon Mattress
- Origin: USA
- For use with Bi-Fold Frame or Platform Bed. They are constructed differently, therefore, specification of use is necessary when ordering.
- 8" thickness (14" of overstuffed goods compressed to fit inside a 8" border).
- 6" of convoluted 2 pound high density foam.
- Bonnell coil spring unit provides high quality, lively support, without feeling bouncy. Spring unit is framed in with high quality 2 pound density polyurethane foam for durability that lasts.
- Layers of Flame Retardant Rayon insures compliance with Federal Flammability Standard 16 CFR Part 1633.
- 100% polyester fabric (cream color) that breaths, stays cool and comfortable, and repels moisture.
- Machine tufting reduces the thickness of the mattress to lock in its good look and feel.
- Tape edge process insures a proper fit and finish of the mattress cover.
- Flip-able design. Feels the same on both sides.
- Compression packaged in a FedEx-able carton.
- Durability: 10-12+ Years, designed for everyday use.
- 10 Year Limited Warranty against manufacturers defects.
- Custom sizes are available.
- Twin (39" x 75")
- Full (54" x 75")
- Queen (60" x 80")
- King (78" x 80")
- Cot (30" x 75")
- Chair (28" x 54")
- Ottoman (28" x 21")
- Twin Split (39" x 54")
- Twin Ottoman (39" x 21")
- Loveseat (54" x 54")
- Love Ottoman (54" x 21")
Mattress Making Principle
For a mattress to retain its shape and comfort level the materials it is filled with must be able to retain their shape and supportive character.
Why More Foam Than Cotton Is Critical
Simply put, foam is able to retain its shape and feel when repeatedly compressed while cotton fibre does not. Foam is a flexible solid that will come back to its original shape after being compressed time after time. Cotton batting is not a unified whole, but an arrangement of individual fibers. Once the fibers are compressed together there is nothing to bring them back to their original, separate locations when the weight is removed. This fact results in cotton batting becoming thinner and harder wherever it is being compressed on a regular basis.
Why You Should Trust This Mattress
We trust the materials that go into each of our mattresses. so much so, that each mattress is compressed and packaged in a box 1/4th its size. Our mattresses are filled with comfortable materials that retain their shape for years. The way we package it proves it.