Galaxy Futon Mattress by Otis Bed - Premium foam encased innerspring futon.
World's first Foam encased innerspring futon mattress, works with any frame to offer exceptional comfort and support as a sofa or a bed.
- Product Type: Mattresses
- Manufacturer: Otis Bed
- MPN: 502
- Warranty: 10 Years
- Thickness: 8 Inch
- Mattress Construction: Foam, Innersprings, Fiber
- Size: Chair, Eastern King, Full, Love Ottoman, Loveseat, Ottoman, Queen, Twin, Twin Ottoman, Twin Split
- Batting: Firm
- Mattress Type: Futon Mattress
- Origin: USA
- Shipping: Free
Comfort Level..Delivers a lively, strong and firm feel that will not bottom out
Durability..10-15 years, designed for everyday use
Thickness..A TRUE 8" (14" of overstuffed goods compressed to fit inside an 8" border)
Weight..per full size…60 pounds
Popularity..Our best selling innerspring futon mattress
Home Style Use..Dual Purpose Sofa/Sleeper and Excellent Platform Bed (WHEN ORDERING, PLEASE SPECIFY INTENDED USE!)
Frame Recommendation..can be used on a bi-fold frame or platform bed
Futon Grip Strips are highly recommended
Overcover: 8" boxing recommended
- 6" of convoluted 2 pound high density foam.
- Bonnell coil spring unit provides high quality, lively support, without feeling bouncy. Spring unit is framed in with high quality 2 pound density polyurethane foam for durability that lasts.
- Layers of Flame Retardant Rayon insures compliance with Federal Flammability Standard 16 CFR Part 1633.
- 100% polyester fabric (cream color) that breaths, stays cool and comfortable, and repels moisture.
- Machine tufting reduces the thickness of the mattress to lock in its good look and feel.
- Tape edge process insures a proper fit and finish of the mattress cover.
- Flip-able design. Feels the same on both sides.
- Compression packaged in a FedEx-able carton.
- Durability: 10-12+ Years, designed for everyday use.
- 10 Year Limited Warranty against manufacturers defects.
- Custom sizes are available.
Key Value Messages from Otis Futons
Comfortable - to be as comfy, if not more so than traditional upholstered sofas when being used as a couch. Also, to be flexible and conformable so as not to cause painful, unhealthy pressure points *(which affect circulation to joints and surrounding tissue) for the occasional or every night sleeper. "As a supplier of pressure management therapy mattresses to the health care industry, we feel uniquely qualified to present mattress constructions with these claims."
Durable - While nothing lasts forever, this futon mattress is engineered to keep its shape and resist change in firmness on the edge and other critical sitting and sleeping areas better than any cotton based futon mattress construction.
More resilient top quality cushioning materials.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW WHEN TALKING ABOUT THICKNESS..
Thickness can be a relative term in the mattress industry! Normally, when someone says this mattress is 8"...it is 8"thick, or if they say it's 10"…you expect to see a ten-inch mattress, not some rounded mattress that is guessed to be about 10" thick basically for marketing purposes only! The only true way to decipher the actual thickness of the mattress is to have a measurable border material (or a boxed edge, like a traditional mattress does). All of our futon mattresses are bench built and are made with a boxed corner and are tape-edged. The bonus is that the "thickness" of the futon is easily deciphered, and it leaves the mattress with a clean tailored look for many years. More important than the quoted thickness of the mattress, is the quality of the inside ingredients of the mattress.
Why More Foam Than Cotton Is Critical
Simply put, foam is able to retain its shape and feel when repeatedly compressed while cotton fibre does not. Foam is a flexible solid that will come back to its original shape after being compressed time after time. Cotton batting is not a unified whole, but an arrangement of individual fibers. Once the fibers are compressed together there is nothing to bring them back to their original, separate locations when the weight is removed. This fact results in cotton batting becoming thinner and harder wherever it is being compressed on a regular basis.
Why You Should Trust This Mattress
We trust the materials that go into each of our mattresses. so much so, that each mattress is compressed and packaged in a box 1/4th its size. Our mattresses are filled with comfortable materials that retain their shape for years. The way we package it proves it.
"This futon mattress is UPS-able; finally, shipping is made easy!"
- Twin (39" x 75")
- Full (54" x 75")
- Queen (60" x 80")
- King (78" x 80")
- Cot (30" x 75")
- Chair (28" x 54")
- Ottoman (28" x 21")
- Twin Split (39" x 54")
- Twin Ottoman (39" x 21")
- Loveseat (54" x 54")
- Love Ottoman (54" x 21")